Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services
Mission of Establishing the Department
The department of Animal Husbandry Veterinary Services started functioning independently from 1945. The department is playing a vital role in providing healthcare services to livestock, extension and training to farmers, implementation of Socioeconomic programs, conducting Sample Survey and Animal Census programs periodically in the State.
- Prevent, control, eradicate animal diseases and provide diagnostic, therapeutic & veterinary services.
- Development of Feed and Fodder along with Quality Control..
- Development of cattle, buffaloes, small ruminants, poultry and piggery.
- Increase milk, meat & egg production with quality assurance.
- Provide assistance to livestock, poultry farmers & entrepreneurs.
- Improve livestock production technologies.
- Encourage hygienic production system, processing and marketing milk, meat & eggs.
- Establish Quality Control/Certification units for milk meat & eggs.
- Promote Research & Developmental activities in Animal ,Veterinary & Dairy sciences.
- Strengthening extension education activities.
- Conservation and development of native breeds along with genetic mapping.
- Establishing/strengthening Veterinary Institutions with focus on backward area.
- Socio-economic programs for SC, ST, OBC and women through animal husbandry activities.
Contact details of District Office:
Office No: 0821-2420606