Integrated Tribal Development Project
Mission of Establishing the Department
The Tribal Welfare Department was established, with vision to “minimize and eventually eliminate disparity between the people belonging to socially disadvantaged Scheduled Tribes and general category” and there by enable the Schedule Tribes people to lead a productive and dignified life and mission of enabling the socially disadvantaged Scheduled Tribes people, with appropriate legislative, administration and socio-economic interventions, to provide quality education, income generating activities, capacity building, infrastructure development to realize their full potential in a socially equitable environment.
- To promote education among STs by creating improved education opportunities and establishment of quality education institutions.
- Working hard to overall development of primitive TRIBES and Creating the programmes to bring the tribal people to the mainstream of the society.
- To promote the livelihood of STs by creating economic opportunity through skill development, capacity building and conduction training programmes etc.,
- To promote economic empowerment of STs, and make them economically self dependent.
- Prevention and elimination of discrimination and exploitation.
- Ensure dignity of living amount ST communities by providing essential and adequate community infrastructure in ST habitates.
- Create comprehensive social awareness and bring about attitudinal changes for ensuring social justice and equity for all.
- To deliver good governance and ensuring transparency.
Contact details of District Office:
</ br> Dr. Babu Jagajivan Ram Bhavan
Narayana Swamy Block
Paduvarahalli – East
Office No: 0821-2427140</ br>